Comment on page
Transforming and mapping data
You can change data once it is loaded from an external source, via transformers and mappers.
You can use mappers and transformers together, it's usually more useful to transform data as it's being mapped to a more useful data structure.
Example use cases are:
- Prepare data values (e.g. strip tags, decode HTML entities)
- Rename data fields (e.g. from "person_name" to "name")
- Update data values to match your local values (e.g. map the category "T-Shirts" to "casual")
- Map a single item to an object (and optionally type set item fields, e.g. to an DateTime object)
- Map a collection of items to a set of objects